LiDAR - future technology for autonomous vehicles
Automotive LiDAR sensors (Light Detection and Ranging) are future core technologies, as they enable autonomous cars to see by illuminating targets with light and lasers.
Numerous manufacturers have integrated or invested in LiDAR. This eBook provides an in-depth description of LiDAR technology and its applications. It also lists the leading LiDAR companies worldwide and looks at what vehicle manufacturers have invested in or integrated LiDAR. Furthermore, this eBook offers insights into the direction in which the automotive LiDAR industry is heading.
Apart from going through the basics of LiDAR, the eBook "LiDAR - Future technology for autonomous vehicles" provides:
- Why LiDAR is superior to other technologies.
- LiDAR is getting cheaper—but it’s still too expensive for production vehicles.
- Top LiDAR companies in the automotive industry.
- Snapshot: Japanese LiDAR supplier Pioneer.
- Looking ahead – where is the automotive LiDAR industry heading?
This download is provided to you by third parties (eg the manufacturer) or from our editorial staff free of charge.
Connected, electric, and autonomous vehicles will alter how cars are evaluated and used. In particular, the value of electric and autonomous vehicles is increasingly found in the electronics, and not the mechanical aspects of the vehicle.more...